Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
MTV (Music Television) is an American cable television network based in New York City. Launched in 1981, the original purpose of the channel was to show music videos, as well as other music news and events. Today, MTV broadcasts a variety of music, pop culture, youth culture, and reality television shows aimed at adolescents and young adults. MTV is owned by Viacom Media Networks (formerly MTV Networks), the television division of Viacom, which also owns other networks including VH1 and Nickelodeon.
- In 2002, MTV aired the Keep Fishin' music video and MTV2 aired Weezer and the Muppets Go Fishin', the making of special.
- On December 8, 2006 Kermit the Frog appeared in an MTV News interview promoting Before You Leap and commenting on current entertainment news.
- In 2014, Kermit and Pepe were interviewed by MTV News in promotion with the Muppets Most Wanted video release.
- The channel was spoofed as NTV on Sesame Street, where Nora Nicks introduced the music video of "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics.
- Sesame Street also lampooned the channel as "Mac TV", where Old MacDonald introduced "A New Way To Walk" by The Oinker Sisters.
- In a 1988 Sesame Street VHS, Count von Count hosts a music video countdown show which is presented by "Sesame Street Music Video", yet another parody of the network. Additionally, MTV-style captions appear at the beginning and end of every song featured in the video. One of the songs, How Now Brown and the Moo Wave's "Wet Paint" included different captions in televised airings, as well as an original MTV-parody intro in a longer version of the video.
- The network was spoofed multiple times in Muppet Magazine with the Muppets own version, MMTV.
- The songs used in the Sesame Street home videos Monster Hits! and Rock & Roll! have lower third graphics using the typeface Kabel, the same font used for music videos on MTV for many years.
- The Muppets spoofed the channels The Real World reality show with The Real World Muppets on Muppets Tonight
- In the 1980s, MTV's slogan was "I want my MTV!" This motto was spoofed by Baby Rowlf as "I want my Muppet TV!" in the Muppet Babies Episode 207: I Want My Muppet TV!.
- Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman, dressed in worm costumes, a "Worm TV" television station, devoted to worm music, in the 1994 special Sesame Street's All-Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Street Forever!.
- Downtown Julie Brown hosted Club MTV
- Peter Chung created Æon Flux
- Carson Daly hosted TRL
- Carmen Electra co-hosted Singled Out
- Jenny McCarthy co-hosted Singled Out
- Stephanie Pratt starred in The Hills
- Jon Stewart hosted The Jon Stewart Show