Lyle Conway is a sculptor and designer who began his career with the Muppet Workshop. Conway soon gravitated to what would become Jim Henson's Creature Shop, contributing heavily to Dreamchild and The Dark Crystal. He also worked on the non-Creature Shop Return to Oz, which nevertheless features several Henson alums, performing the voice and face of the Gump.
Conway soon struck out on his own as a freelance, working on such films as Link, the 1988 version of The Blob, and The Murders in the Rue Morgue. However, his most notable post-Henson credit was his reunion with Frank Oz on Little Shop of Horrors, designing the new version of Audrey II in all of its different phases. This earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects.
- The Muppet Show - built Dodo, Lyle the Dog, and others
- The Great Muppet Caper - Muppet designer/builder
- The Dark Crystal - built Aughra and others
- Dreamchild - Cable control puppeteer; Creature design supervisor
- Red Crow and the Ghost Ship - Animatronic crow
- Where the Wild Things Are - Sculptor