Luis G. Santeiro is a Cuban-American playwright and television writer who has been a member of the Sesame Street writing staff since 1978. In this role he has shared a number of Emmys won for Best Writing in a Children's Series. His other work for Children's Television Workshop includes penning The Sesame Street Special, writing lyrics for a number of songs including "Dentist of Seville" and "Todos un Pueblo," and developing the Troubles the Cat segments on Big Bag.
Santeiro may be best known for creating the bilingual 1970s television sitcom Qué Pasa, U.S.A.?
- A is for Asthma (video)
- A New Baby in My House (video)
- The Alphabet Game (video)
- "Rosita's Block Party" (book)
- Sing-Along Earth Songs (video)
- "Sesame Street, Special" (pledge-drive special)
- Big Bird's Sunny Day Camp Out (stage show)