Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Little Jerry's original hippie apparel was exchanged in the 1980s for a white and black leather jacket and a chain necklace. In the band's comeback appearance in a 2000 episode, he also sports a pair of sunglasses.
Little Jerry is considered to be male, but in one Shalom Sesame sketch, in which an actress dubbed the character for "Proud," host Mandy Patinkin introduced the rocker as female: "Little Jeri (sic) is loud and proud, and why shouldn't she be?."Little Jerry was named after his performer Jerry Nelson, who later talked about the character and his group in a 2009 interview:
- Although Little Jerry usually appeared as a redhead, he had black hair in one sketch where Grover talked about the word "exit." (EKA: Episode 0261)
- A similar looking Green Anything Muppet bandleader (and drummer) sang "Spinning Wheel" during Sesame Street's first season. A background hippie closely resembling Little Jerry appeared in two first season sketches, the "Before and After song (First: Episode 0047) and the "Forward" and "Backward" skit. (First: Episode 0069)
- Rock & Roll! (1990)
- Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum (1974)
- The Sesame Street ABC Storybook (1974)
- Big Bird's Busy Book (1975)
- The Sesame Street Block Party Coloring Book (1977)
- The Sesame Street Dictionary (1980)