Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wladziu Valentino Liberace (1919-1987) was a flashy and flamboyant concert pianist, and all-around entertainer. His trademarks were his glittery suits, and candelabras that were always placed on top of his pianos.
Liberace was bestowed with many awards during his lifetime, including: Instrumentalist of the Year, Best Dressed Entertainer, Entertainer of the Year, two Emmy Awards, six gold albums, and two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The Guinness Book of World Records listed him as the world's highest paid musician and pianist.
He opened the Liberace Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 1978.
Liberace gave his last performance at New York's Radio City Music Hall, on November 2, 1986. He died of AIDS-related complications in 1987.
- When Bernie the Agent shows Kermit the ad for frog singers in The Muppet Movie, a full page ad for Liberace is shown on the back of Variety.
- In Talk, Read, Write, Elmo, Telly and Rosita try to read the word "literacy." Elmo thinks it's pronounced "Lit-er-ach-e," which Telly thinks is a piano player instead.
- When asked about their musical influences during an interview to promote The Muppets, Dr. Teeth said, "Personally speakin’ I gotta shout out to the great Dr. John, as well as the inestimable Elton John and the inextinguishable Liberace."
- In The Muppets episode "Because... Love", Yolanda Rat says Pepe the King Prawn's grand gesture looks like Liberace's quinceañera.
- ↑ WTDP? Exclusive: Mayhem Returns! Veterans Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem keep on rockin’. November 7, 2011. whatsthatdudeplay.com.