Lead Away! is a 1996 educational resouce video produced by Sesame Workshop for adults. The video educates about lead poisoning, a serious health problem that can be prevented.
The video features Sesame Street characters Maria, Elmo, Rosita, Oscar the Grouch, and a group of kids discussing what lead poisoning means and how it can be avoided. Oscar's niece Irvine also makes an appearance. Gaby is referenced as having had a blood test with Rosita, earlier in the day.
A comic book reinforcing the messages of the video was also released.
The full video is currently available on VHS in some libraries, as a free video download from Sesame Workshop via the iTunes Store as part of the Learn Along with Sesame series, and can be viewed at the Sesame Workshop website.
The only insert from Sesame Street that's included in this video is Bruce Cayard's animated segment "wash your hands before you eat".
- When the video was re-released online, a few changes were made, including a new intro and closing by Luis, the lack of sound effects when the Lead Police appear and the removal of a transition between the street scene and the "Blood Test" song.
- Executive Producer: Patricia Ryan Lampl
- Directed by: John Ferraro
- Written by: Sonia Manzano
- Songs composed by: Christopher Cerf
- Muppet Performers
- Caroll Spinney as Oscar the Grouch, with Kevin Clash (as Elmo), Martin P. Robinson (as Irvine), David Rudman, Joey Mazzarino, Carmen Osbahr (as Rosita), Pam Arciero, Noel MacNeal, John Kennedy, and Alice Dinnean