|Music by||Bud Luckey|
|Lyrics by||Donald Hadley|
"Ladybugs’ Picnic" is an animated song highlighting the joys and sorrows of twelve ladybugs, gathered for a picnic. A remake of the song, from the 1975 LP The Count Counts, featured vocals by Richard Hunt and Jerry Nelson.
In 2007, the song was used in a TV advertisement in the United Kingdom for Heinz Salad Cream.
Quite a few references to this song have been made on Sesame Street. One was in the Elmo's World episode "Bugs" when a ladybug claimed he was going to be late for a picnic. Another reference was used in the Jane Tuesday segment for "The Case of the Letter L" as played briefly on a toy radio. Yet another brief reference occurs in a 2008 episode of Sesame Street, as Slimey shops for a pet bug. Three ladybugs sing a version of the song over and over. An image representing this cartoon was placed on a menu for Hooper's Store in a 2009 episode of Sesame Street. A short instrumental version of the song accompanies the title card of Firefly Fun and Buggy Buddies.
- The Count Counts (1975)
- Songs from the Street (2003)
- A cover version is featured on The Sesame Street Covers EP (2010)
- Sesame Street Music: Amazon Sampler (2011)
- Sing Yourself Silly! (1990)
- Shalom Sesame: Show 5: Jerusalem (2005, dubbed in Hebrew)
- Old School: Volume 1 (2006)
- Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days (2009)
- Firefly Fun and Buggy Buddies (2010)
- Sesamestreet.org (SSvideo)
- SesameStreet's YouTube Channel original: (YouTube) remake: (YouTube)
- The Sesame Street Podcast: The Number 12 (original)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 edition only)