Lady Gaga (born Stefani Germanotta in 1986) is an American recording artist.
She took Kermit the Frog as her date to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. In an interview with Perez Hilton, Miss Piggy dismissed the concept of them dating, saying that "No, no I don’t talk about lies. I talk about truth."
She also made headlines wearing a top made entirely of plush Kermit the Frogs by Jean Charles de Castelbajac on German television. She wore the outfit as a statement against wearing fur as it "looked like a bunch of dead Muppets".
Jason Segel has written a cameo for her in The Muppets, but she does not appear in the finished movie. It seems that either she never filmed a scene, or her scene was filmed, but cut (like many other cameos).
On March 28, 2011, Gaga's 25th birthday, Ellen DeGeneres called the artist from her daily talk show, The Ellen Degeneres Show, to wish her a happy birthday. During the call, Ellen presented a birthday cake to the singer, commemorating a number of famous outfits that the artist wore throughout her young career, including a Kermit the Frog face, facing the audience.
- On November 23, 2010, Sesame Workshop launched a viral marketing campaign on Facebook and YouTube called "Cookie Monster should host Saturday Night Live!" In the video, Cookie Monster auditions for the job by putting on an entire show in a short amount of time. For the musical guest, he parodies Lady Gaga playing the piano singing "Cookie Face" in a dress made out of cookies.
- When "C is for Cookie" began playing at Toy Fair 2011, the Hasbro representative guessed that it was "something by Lady Gaga".
- ↑ Eric Ditzian, "Lady Gaga Arrives At 2009 VMAs With Kermit The Frog", MTV, September 13, 2009.
- ↑ "Chatting With… Miss Piggy!!", PerezHilton.com, June 23, 2011.
- ↑ "Lada Gaga Talks To Oprah", July 21, 2009.
- ↑ MTV "'Muppets' Star Jason Segel 'Hoping' For Lady Gaga Cameo" by Eric Ditzian Dec 15, 2010