Kmart (sometimes styled as "K-Mart") is an American chain of discount department stores. The company was founded in 1962 and is the third largest discount store chain in the world, behind Walmart and Target.
In the 1990s, the company began to offer exclusive merchandise by Martha Stewart and Kathy Ireland; other recognizable brands, such as Sesame Street and Disney properties, offered exclusively-licensed merchandise and home video releases. Also in the 1990s, Rosie O'Donnell and Penny Marshall served as the company's spokespersons.
- 1997: In a Kmart commercial, Rosie O'Donnell, Penny Marshall, Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie, and Rosita sing "I Put My Leg in My Pants" as kids dressed up in Sesame Street clothing.
- 1997: Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie, and Rosita appeared in the Big Kmart commercial for the new remolded Kmart stores. Celebrities in this commercial include Martha Stewart, Kathy Ireland, and Bob Hope (cameo appearance at the end).
- 1999: In another commercial, Rosie O'Donnell shows off exclusive Sesame Street clothing for kids during a premiere of The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland. Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie, Zoe, and Rosita arrived at the premiere and pose with Rosie O'Donnell for the photographers.
- 1999: Another commercial for the clothing featured Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie, Zoe, and Rosita playing music for the kids wearing the clothing brand.
- 2003: In a "right here. right now." commercial, Big Bird appears jumping and showing the letter K right before some kids wearing Big Bird hoodies are shown.
- 2008: Kmart provided a small coloring book with stickers included with the purchase of the Abby in Wonderland DVD.