Using the alleys and stoops of the Sesame Street neighborhood as the venue for this television special, Julie Andrews and Perry Como join forces with the Sesame Street Muppets for an hour of music and antics.
Highlights include the following:
- Andrews sings "This Way to Sesame Street" with a high-stepping chorus line of trash cans.
- Como sings "And I Love You So."
- Andrews and the Muppets take to the stage in a salute to the Broadway musical, which includes production numbers from Annie Get Your Gun, West Side Story, The King and I, and Guys and Dolls.
- Andrews and Como sing "Picture a World" with the Sesame cast.
- Andrews sings "What Do I Do When I'm Alone?"
- The special was filmed at Elstree Studios in United Kingdom, which meant a new street set was built; there are subtle but noticable differences between it and the original American set.
- Executive Producer: Blake Edwards
- Producers: Gary Smith and Dwight Hemion
- Director: Dwight Hemion
- Writers: Marty Farrell and Jon Stone
- Muppet Performers: Jim Henson, Frank Oz, Caroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Caroly Wilcox, Kermit Love, Jane Henson
- Orchestra Conducted by: Jack Parnell
- Musical Associate: Derek Scott