Using the alleys and stoops of the Sesame Street neighborhood as the venue for this television special, Julie Andrews and Perry Como join forces with the Sesame Street Muppets for an hour of music and antics.
Highlights include the following:
- Julie sings "This Way to Sesame Street" with a high-stepping chorus line of trash cans.
- Julie and the dancers do a routine to demonstrate the number 10, in the style of many live-action inserts on the show.
- Perry Como sings "And I Love You So."
- Julieand the Muppets take to the stage in a salute to the Broadway musical, which includes production numbers from Annie Get Your Gun, West Side Story, The King and I, Guys and Dolls, and Sweet Charity, ending with "Give My Regards to Broadway."
- Julie and Perry sing "Picture a World" with the Sesame cast.
- On an empty Sesame Street set, Julie sings "What Do I Do When I'm Alone?"
- The special was filmed at Elstree Studios in United Kingdom, which meant a new street set was built; there are subtle but noticeable differences between it and the original American set.
- Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets: Jim Henson (unlisted), Frank Oz, Carroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Caroly Wilcox, Kermit Love, Jane Henson
- Producers: Gary Smith and Dwight Hemion
- Director: Dwight Hemion
- Writers: Marty Farrell, Jon Stone
- Music supervised and arranged by: Ian Fraser
- Musical numbers choreographed by: Paddy Stone
- Orchestra Conducted by: Jack Parnell
- Lighting Director: John Rook
- Audio: Ted Scott
- Musical Associate: Derek Scott
- Sesame Street is a production of The Children's Television Workshop
- Executive Producer: Blake Edwards