Short Circuit is a 1986 comedy about a robot who gains sentience. It spawned a sequel two years later.
- The seventh season Muppet Babies episode "At the Movies" uses extensive footage from the films. The robot character Johnny 5, dubbed with new dialogue by a Muppet Babies voiceover artist, befriends Baby Scooter and accompanies him throughout the episode to help him decide what his favorite movie is.
- G. W. Bailey played Skroeder
- Tim Blaney voiced Johnny 5 in both films (and was lead puppeteer in the first)
- Trish Leeper puppeteered on the sequel
- Michael McKean played Fred Ritter in the sequel
- Rob Mills puppeteered on the sequel
- Gerry Parkes played a priest in the sequel
- Austin Pendleton played Howard Marner
- Gord Robertson puppeteered on the sequel
- Ally Sheedy played Stephanie Speck