John Stephenson is a former vice-president and creative supervisor for Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Joining the Henson company in the early 80s, Stephenson began by working on such films as The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, and also served as an assistant cable control puppeteer on Dreamchild, in addition to working as a mechanical designer.
Stephenson subsequently became head of the Creature Shop, supervising puppetry and visual effects on such varied films as The Flintstones, Babe, The Bear and The English Patient. Stephenson later moved to directing, helming the Hallmark/Creature Shop co-production of Animal Farm.
- The Dark Crystal
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
- The Flintstones
- The Adventures of Pinocchio (2nd unit director)
- Lost in Space (2nd unit director and creature shop supervisor)
- Animal Farm (director)
- Five Children and It (director)
- John Stephenson's showreel, Feel Films