Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-1963), also referred to as John F. Kennedy or JFK, was the 35th President of the United States. He served from 1961 until his assassination in 1963. The son of a prominent Massachusetts family, Kennedy's presidency was marked by such events as the Bay of Pigs invasion, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the building of the Berlin Wall, the Space Race, early events of the Vietnam War, and the American Civil Rights Movement.
- Kennedy's image appears in Jim Henson's short The Idea Man, which debuted on The Mike Douglas Show in 1966, three years after the assassination. Kennedy is one of several images seen during the montage, drifting through the mind of Limbo. Unlike the other objects, which move on, Kennedy dissolves, an apparent reference to the real Kennedy's fate.
- In volume 5 of Big Bird's Sesame Street Dictionary, a Kennedy half dollar appears in a two-page spread about money, illustrated by Joe Mathieu. This caricature of Kennedy is based on the Orange Gold Anything Muppet pattern.
- In Sesame Street Unpaved, it's pointed out that Oscar the Grouch shares his astrological sign, Gemini, with John F. Kennedy ("Ask not what Oscar can do for you, but what you can do for Oscar").
- In a Word of the Day sketch explaining the word "vote," a peanut butter and jelly sandwich wishing to be chosen as the snack time meal's voice is an impression of Kennedy's.
- Asked on Twitter whether he prefers Miss Piggy or Denise, Pepe replied that he and Rizzo refer to this topic as "Bay of Pigs".