Jimmy Durante (1893–1980) was an American comedian, singer and actor. With his distinctive nose, raspy voice, and fractured New York English, Durante became one of the most popular personalities of vaudeville, radio, Broadway, films and television. His catchphrase, "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are," was his signature signoff on radio, while "Inka Dinka Doo" was his theme song. As the voice of the narrator for the Rankin/Bass special Frosty the Snowman, new generations are exposed to him every Christmas.
- On The Jimmy Dean Show, Rowlf's Nephew cannot remember Jimmy Dean's name, calling him Jimmy Stewart, Dizzy Gillespie, and Jimmy Durante, among others.
- In the Elmo's World episode "Noses," Elmo interviews a giant nose who speaks like Jimmy Durante and wears a Durante hat.
- Ming is a Chinese peacock who speaks in a Durante-like voice, including his trademark "hotchachatchacha".
- In Sesame Street Unpaved, it's pointed out that Elmo shares his astrological sign, Aquarius, with Jimmy Durante ("their noses are similar").
- On Sesame Street, a Durante-esque monster sings a song about the importance of having a nose. (EKA: Episode 3218)