Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Written by||Leslie Gourse|
|Illustrator||Robert S. Brown|
|Publisher||Aladdin Paperbacks, Simon & Schuster|
|Series||Childhood of Famous Americans|
Jim Henson: Young Puppeteer is a biography of Jim Henson written for the target age group of 9-12.
- Cover illustration by Meryl Henderson
- Interior illustrations are photographs manipulated by Robert S. Brown. Some photos are Henson/Muppet related, others are stock photos made to look like illustrations of Henson's early life.
- Chapter 1: Jim Henson is Born ... 11
- Chapter 2: Early Family Relationships & Childhood Games ... 18
- Chapter 3: Early School Days ... 32
- Chapter 4: Cub Scout Projects with Puppets ... 49
- Chapter 5: T. Kermit Scott Moves to Town ... 59
- Chapter 6: Church ... 68
- Chapter 7: Leaving Stoneville and Leland ... 71
- Chapter 8: Early Work with Puppets ... 74
- Chapter 9: Jim Gets His Own Television Show ... 84
- Chapter 10: Both the Henson Family and the Muppet Business Grow ... 101
- Chapter 11: The Muppets Find a Home on Sesame Street ... 113
- Chapter 12: Sesame Street Keeps Growing and Collecting Honors ... 135
- Chapter 13: An Unforeseen Disaster ... 147
- For Further Reading ... 159