"The Itsy Bitsy Spider" is a popular nursery rhyme that describes the adventures of a spider as it ascends, descends and reascends the downspout or "waterspout" of a gutter system (or, alternatively, the spout of a teapot). It is usually accompanied by a sequence of gestures that mimic the words of the song. The most commonly referenced first published version was in 1962.
- Mother Goose tells the Goslings her own version of the nursery rhyme in a Mother Goose Stories episode, "Eensy Weensy Spider".
- A story version of the tale is included in Stories to Share.
- Shadow sings the song to Bear in the first season Bear in the Big Blue House episode "Water, Water Everywhere".
- The song appears on the Kids' Favorite Songs 2 video.
- Oscar performs the song in When Elmo Grows Up, a revised version of the 1993 Sesame Street Live tour.
- Placido Flamingo sang an original opera about the "Eensy Weensy Spider" (played by Bob) expressing his feelings. (EKA: Episode 2675)
- The spider itself appeared in episode 3118 of Sesame Street, where he takes a vacation but gets blown off the ship, and appears on Sesame Street on her journey home.
- Sally Hagen sings part of the song to entertain Bobut in the Aliens in the Family episode, "Meet the Brodys."
- Simple Science Experiments with Elmo and Friends: Water and Earth features a page entitled "Itsy Bitsy Spider."