Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A list of appearances by characters from international co-productions of Sesame Street alongside the American cast.
- Elmo is one of the local main characters.
- Nac, Griotte, Yoyo and Olive make a cameo in the French scene in the book, Hide & Seek, Near & Far.
- Nimnim and Filfil appeared on 2002's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Grover and Khokha appear together in The Adventures of Grover and Khokha.
- Elmo and Grover are two of the local main characters.
- Chamki made an appearance at the sixth Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2008.
- Chamki appears with other Sesame Street and international co-production characters in the Sesame Street Road Safety Campaign PSAs.
- Grover is one of the main characters in the show's animated spin-off Chamki ki Duniya.
- Tonton made an appearance at the third Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2005.
- Elmo is the local main character for Season 4.
Iftah Ya Simsim (Kuwait)
- Grover is one of the local main characters in the 2015 reboot, and Ernie, Bert, Elmo, and Cookie Monster also appear in some local inserts.
Jalan Sesama (Indonesia)
- Elmo is the local main character in 2010 for Season 3.
- Momon and Putri appear with other Sesame Street and international co-production characters in the Sesame Street Road Safety Campaign PSAs.
- Abelardo paid his cousin Big Bird a visit in an episode of Sesame Street.
- Abelardo and Lola appeared on 2002's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Abelardo made an appearance at the first Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2003.
- Elmo, Abby Cadabby and Grover appear alongside Abelardo, Pancho and Lola in the opening theme.
- Pancho appears with other Sesame Street and international co-production characters in the Sesame Street Road Safety Campaign PSAs.
- Plaza Sésamo's Season 14 features Elmo as a new character on the plaza.
- Bodoque appears in the "Smog Day Afternoon" story in issue #1 of the Sesame Street comic book.
- Lola appeared alongside the American monster cast in a July 2013 appearance on ¡Despierta América!
- Grover and Cookie Monster appeared alongside Elmo and Lola for a PSA on YouTube.
- Kippi Ben Kippod and Moishe Oofnik appeared on Sesame Street Stays Up Late.
- Oscar the Grouch makes a guest appearance on three of the Shalom Sesame co-productions.
- Moishe Oofnik appeared on 2002's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Grover and Elmo, as of 2009, are among the newest cast-members.
- Abigail and Brosh visit Sesame Street in the book The Count's Hanukkah Countdown.
- A miscolored Moishe Oofnik appears in the "Smog Day Afternoon" story in issue #1 of the Sesame Street comic book.
Shara'a Simsim (Palestine)
- Elmo is the local character
- Elmo makes a prominent guest appearance on Basil Hears a Noise.
- Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster are the main characters
- Oscar the Grouch makes a special guest appearance in "Pott'o's Never Ending Story."
- Telly Monster has appeared on the show, communicating with his international relative Potto, using one of the Irish tinkerer's inventions.
- In the pilot episode Sesamplein, toy handpuppets of Ernie and Cookie Monster appear (as characters) in the final street scene and the end credits.
- The first Sesamstraat soundtrack featured appearances by Pino and Tommie interacting with Bert, Ernie and Grover in sketches and songs (such as "Up and Down" by Grover and Tommie, and "Goin' For a Ride" with Bert, Ernie and Tommie).
- Sketches with Tommie and Kermit the Frog (as a voiceover) were featured on the show during the 1990s.
- Elmo (as performed by Kevin Clash), Bert, Ernie and Cookie Monster appeared on the 30th Anniversary special Open Huis in Sesamstraat.
- Pino made an appearance at the first Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2003.
- Pino also makes introductions during the Sesamstraat Live shows.
- New local segments featuring Ernie, Bert, and Elmo were incorporated into 10 voor.
- Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch (as performed by Caroll Spinney) appeared on the 750th episode of the show, taped in 1980.
- Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch (and possibly more original Sesame Street characters) appeared on the show's 1000th episode; a circus gala performance, and the first showcasing the characters with a custom opening. Unusual for a Big Bird appearance, the character was not dubbed, but voiced in German by Caroll Spinney instead.
- Samson, Tiffy and Finchen were seen on Sesame Street Stays Up Late. Tiffy is also featured in the TV special's book adaptation.
- Samson and Rumpel appeared on 2002's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Ernie and Bert appeared on the 30th Anniversary special. Kevin Clash performed Elmo briefly during the anniversary's press conference in 2003.
- Following the special guest spot, Ernie and Bert appeared sporadically in street scenes throughout 2006, including episode 2173.
- In 2008, Ernie and Bert moved into an apartment on Sesamstrasse, allowing the pair to appear regularly in new sketches specifically made for the show.
- Samson and Finchen have both been a part of the Sesamstrasse Live shows in the past, otherwise featuring the regular Sesame Street characters. In 2013, full-body versions of Wolle and Pferd joined the cast.
- Ernie and Bert appear as guest characters on Eine Möhre für Zwei episodes during the second (2011) and third (2012) seasons.
- As of season 40 (2012 and 2013, Sesamstrasse's 40th anniversary year), Elmo will be a regular part of the show, with segments filmed locally. Other American characters that made/will make guest appearances during the anniversary year include Grover, Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn.
- Elmo (named Neno) is one of the local main characters.
- Kami made an appearance at the first Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2003.
- Kami, Zuzu and Zikwe made an appearance at the second Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2004.
- Kami made yet another appearance at the fourth Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2006.
- Zeliboba and Businka appeared on 2002's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Zeliboba made an appearance at the first Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala in 2003.
- Elmo, Grover, and Cookie Monster have appeared alongside Bel in videos on the show's YouTube channel.
- Main character Da Niao is the same puppet as Garibaldo.
- Hu Hu Zhu appeared in 2002's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Hu Hu Zhu and Xiao Mei Zi make a cameo in the China scene in the book Hide & Seek, Near & Far.
- Hu Hu Zhu visits Elmo and Big Bird in One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure.
International Crossover Merchandise
- In the 1970s and 1980s, for budgetary reasons, a few of the co-productions used the same merchandise. Thus all the comics for Sesamstraat magazine and Sesamstrasse magazine were the same, featuring characters from both shows interacting, but written in the countries' respective languages. It was never explained to the magazines' readers where the foreign characters came from, nor why they never appeared on the respective shows.
- The same situation applied to the board game Promenade Rue Sesame, sold in both France and Germany and featuring figures from 1, Rue Sésame and Sesamstrasse.
- Often, an international crossover is when an American Muppet becomes a cast member of the show. Examples of this are Elmo and Grover in Galli Galli Sim Sim, Elmo on Sesamgade, Ernie and Bert on Sesamstrasse, Grover on Rechov Sumsum, and Big Bird on The Adventures of Kami and Big Bird.