|Music by||Stephen Lawrence|
|Lyrics by||Luis Santeiro|
|Publisher||SJL Music, Sesame Street, Inc.|
In this Sesame Street song, Cookie Monster ponders what he would do if the moon was a giant cookie. As he sings, he imagines going to the moon in a rocket and eating it, then realizing that if he did so, there'd be no moonlight.
Cookie Monster later sang this in the street plot for a 2005 episode, mixed in with footage of the old version.
- This segment was taped on January 25, 1983.
- The Gang's All Here! (1983)
- The Best of Cookie Monster (1983)
- "C" is for Cookie: Cookie Monster's Favorite Songs (1995)
- Dreamytime Songs (1996)
- Bedtime Stories & Songs (1986)
- Cookie Monster's Best Bites (1995)
- Good Night Sesame (2007)
- C is for Cookie Monster (2010)
- Best of Friends (2012)
- The Sesame Street Songbook (1992 and 2007 editions only)