|This article is about an upcoming project, product, or production.|
The documentary is being produced by Copper Pot Pictures. Clay Frost, Chad N. Walker and Dave LaMattina are listed as the filmmakers. The project was first announced in March of 2012, and a Kickstarter campaign was launched and successfully funded that summer. The film was completed by mid-January 2014, and will make it's debut at the 2014 Hot Docs Festival in Canada in April.
|“|| I AM BIG BIRD is a feature-length documentary about Caroll Spinney, who has been Sesame Street’s Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch since 1969… and at 78 years old, he has no intention of stopping.
Think you know everything there is to know about Sesame Street? You don’t. You might know that Frank Oz turned down an offer to play Big Bird, but you probably don’t know that until a last minute change of heart by NASA, Big Bird was supposed to go to space aboard The Challenger. Or you may know that Oscar the Grouch got his voice from a cantankerous cabbie, but you’d be surprised to learn that a fire in his trash can almost led to Caroll’s untimely demise.
Caroll’s stories are the stuff of legend. He has been a constant presence in our lives for over 40 years, his path weaving through American history like that of Forrest Gump. His time inside the Bird has taught him about the world and about himself. I AM BIG BIRD will peel away the instances in his life that inspired his creation of characters that have influenced generations of children. And, as the yellow feathers give way to grey hair, it is the man, not the Muppet, who will steal your heart.
- Caroll Spinney, Sonia Manzano, Emilio Delgado, Bob McGrath, Lorretta Long, Joan Ganz Cooney, Norman Stiles, Carol-Lynn Parente, Ouyang Lianzi, Frank Oz, Matt Vogel, Jane Henson, Michael Davis, Judy Valentine, and more.
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - January 16, 2014
- ↑ "Hot Docs Announces 14 Titles In Special Presentations Program". Hotdocs.ca.
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - January 31, 2013
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - December 8, 2012
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - January 2, 2013
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - February 12, 2013
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - November 29, 2012
- ↑ Copper Pot tweet - January 17, 2013