Howard the Duck is a comic book character published by Marvel Comics, created by Steve Gerber and Val Mayerik in 1973. An anthropomorphic duck living in Cleveland, Ohio, Howard's original design bore similarities to Donald Duck, until threats of a lawsuit from The Walt Disney Company forced Marvel to change his design.
- Footage from the 1986 film adaptation was used in the Muppet Babies episode "Beauty and the Schnoz". When Baby Gonzo plays the part of The Ugly Duckling grown up to be a rocket scientist, he launches himself into space via a catapult, illustrated by Howard being shot through the solar system.
- Peter Baird puppeteered Howard
- Thomas Dolby played the bartender in the rock club
- Seth Green played Howard in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- George Lucas produced the film
- Tim Robbins played Phil Blumburtt
- Holly Robinson Peete played K. C.
- Tim Rose puppeteered Howard
- Lea Thompson played Beverly Switzler