How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying is a Broadway musical satirizing big companies and the workplace, as a window washer rises through the ranks thanks to the titular book. It originally ran from 1961 to 1965, with later revivals, national tours, and a 1967 film version. All songs were by Frank Loesser.
- One of the chapter's of Kermit's 2006 book Before You Leap is titled "How to Succeed at Success Without Being Too Trying."
- At the start of Episode 3343 of Sesame Street, Sir John Feelgood presents Big Bird with a book and song, both titled "How to Pretend" (spoofing the title number of the musical, and the way a book starts the plot).
- "Brotherhood of Man," the third act showstopper, has been performed several times by the Muppets.
- Roger Bart played Bud Frump in the 1996 national tour
- Abe Burrows co-wrote the book and directed the original Broadway production
- Randy Cohen programmed keyboards for the 2011 revival
- Anderson Cooper played the voice of the narrator for the 2011 revival
- Kevin Covert played Mr. Johnson and the TV announcer and understudied Mr. Twimble/Wally Womper in the 2011 revival
- Darren Criss was a replacement as J. Pierrepont Finch in January 2012 of the 2011 revival
- Walter Cronkite played the voice of the narrator for the 1995 revival
- Jonathan Freeman played Mr. Bratt in the 1995 revival
- Christopher Gattelli was a replacement as one of Biggley's henchmen during the 1995 revival
- Shauna Hicks played Rosemary Pilkington in the 1996 national tour
- Justine Johnston played Miss Jones in the 1966 New York City Center Light Opera production
- Nick Jonas was a replacement as J. Pierrepont Finch from January 24, 2012 through the end of the 2011 revival's run
- Megan Mullally played Rosemary Pilkington in the 1995 revival
- Sarah Jessica Parker was a replacement as Rosemary Pilkington during the 1995 revival
- Jessica Stone was a replacement as Rosemary Pilkington during the 1995 revival
- Lillias White played Miss Jones in the 1995 revival