|Music by||Christopher Cerf|
|Lyrics by||Tony Geiss|
|Publisher||Ephemeral Music Company (ASCAP), Sesame Street, Inc. (ASCAP), Splotched Animal Music Company (BMI)|
"Honk Around the Clock" is a Sesame Street song performed, in voice-over, by Christopher Cerf, as the Honkers (including Mr. Honker and Henrietta) honk their noses while dancing around a large clock. At the end, the Honkers dance off honking as the clock moves along with them, followed by a loud crash.
The song's title is based on "Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley & his Comets. The music however resembles "Runaround Sue" by Dion & the Belmonts.
- Performers in the song include Brian Muehl, Martin P. Robinson and Jerry Nelson.
- On the "Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street" VHS, the video has MTV-style captions that refer to the album "Play Through the Nose", on the "Oogah Records" label; the lyrics were released on a songbook in the original release of the video.
- Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street (1988)
- 123 Count With Me (1997, ending cut)
- Sesame English: What Time is It? (2000, cuts off after counting backwards)
- Old School: Volume 3 (2012)
- Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting (1989, clip)
- Magic on Sesame Street (1988, interactive video, ending cut)