Home Improvement was a sitcom which aired on ABC from 1991 to 1999. Based on the stand-up comedy of Tim Allen, the series featured Tim Taylor, host of the home improvement show, "Tool Time," with his family and the trials and tribulations of their everyday life. The series received numerous awards and nominations including Golden Globes and Primetime Emmy Awards.
- In "Futile Attraction", Tim calls Al's house not knowing that Heidi, who works on Tool Time, is there. When Heidi picks up the phone, Tim disguise his voice and says wrong number. When Al asks who was on the phone, Heidi replies, "It sounded like one of the Muppets." Later when Tim reveals to Al that he called his house, Al calls Tim as Kermit.
- In a taped presentation for promotion for the new series Muppets Tonight, Gonzo suggested a surefire alternative: "Roseanne's Funniest Home Improvements, She Wrote" (referencing then-popular television series Roseanne, America's Funniest Home Videos, Home Improvement, and Murder, She Wrote).
- Evander Holyfield appeared in "The Eve of Construction"
- Jay Leno appeared in "Brother, Can You Spare a Hot Rod?" and "Home Alone"
- Penn and Teller appeared in "Knee Deep"
- Jenny McCarthy played Alex in "Young at Heart"
- Sam McMurray played Jill's teacher in "Satellite on a Hot Tim's Roof"
- Kenny Rogers recorded the song "We've Got It All", which was made exclusively for the episode, "The Long and Winding Road"
- Oprah Winfrey appeared in "Home Alone"