Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hilda is the seamstress/wardrobe mistress on The Muppet Show. For the most part, she only appears in the first season of the show; she makes rare appearances as a background character later. Hilda speaks with an Eastern European accent.
Hilda usually appeared backstage. Her onstage appearances include introducing Vincent Price in a scary sketch set in Transylvania, which she claims is her homeland. She participated in the Panel Discussion:"What is Man's Role in the Universe?" in episode 109. She was one of the library patrons who played "The Blue Danube" in episode 124. She also occasionally sang backup for numbers such as "Friends", "I Got a Name", "There's No Business Like Show Business", and "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song".
In episode 118, she tries to appear younger by wearing a wig, putting on makeup, and even fitting her figure into a corset (until it blows a gasket). She goes to these lengths because no one believes her when she claims she is only 35 years old.
Hilda was one of the central backstage characters in the first season. After performer Eren Ozker left at the end of season one, Hilda appeared in the background in a couple of episodes, but didn't have any more speaking roles.
- Des O'Connor Entertains
- The Muppet Show
- Episode 101: Juliet Prowse (pilot version)
- Episode 102: Connie Stevens
- Episode 103: Joel Grey
- Episode 104: Ruth Buzzi
- Episode 106: Jim Nabors
- Episode 107: Florence Henderson
- Episode 108: Paul Williams
- Episode 109: Charles Aznavour
- Episode 110: Harvey Korman
- Episode 111: Lena Horne
- Episode 112: Peter Ustinov
- Episode 113: Bruce Forsyth
- Episode 114: Sandy Duncan
- Episode 115: Candice Bergen
- Episode 116: Avery Schreiber
- Episode 117: Ben Vereen
- Episode 118: Phyllis Diller
- Episode 119: Vincent Price
- Episode 120: Valerie Harper
- Episode 121: Twiggy
- Episode 122: Ethel Merman
- Episode 123: Kaye Ballard
- Episode 124: Mummenschanz
- Episode 208: Steve Martin
- Episode 403: Shields & Yarnell
- The Muppet Movie
- The Muppets Take Manhattan (Wedding Finale)
- The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years