Hickory Dickory Dock is a popular nursery Rhyme. The earliest recorded version of the rhyme was published in London around 1744, and began, "Hickere, Dickere Dock". The modern version is as follows:
The mouse ran up the clock.
The clock struck one,
The mouse ran down,
- Mother Goose Stories adapted the rhyme for one of its episodes.
- A song version of the rhyme was released as a Sesame Street Single along with the "Alphabet Song" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". Other audio releases include Big Bird Leads the Band, and Tingo 2 Songs and Chants.
- The Sesame Street Music Box Record Player included a record with the recording.
- In a Sesame Street News Flash, Kermit stands by a grandfather clock waiting for a mouse to run up it, acting out "Hickory Dickory Dock". However, Gladys the Cow and a duck show up instead. Finally, a horse comes in and explains that the mouse can't make it. The horse runs through the clock, breaking it in the process. The scene ends in chaos.(EKA: Episode 0710)
- In a Sesame Street puzzle, Cookie Monster takes the place of the mouse and eats the clock. The image was later used in the 2008 book Storybook ABCs.
- The babies once again act out the rhyme in the Big Book of Nursery Rhymes & Fairy Tales.
- In a 1995 episode, the titular mouse attempts to reenact the rhyme when his clock breaks. As Luis tries to fix the clock, the mouse adopts Big Bird as a replacement, reciting a modified version of the rhyme called "Hickory Dickory Dird."
- The theme of a 2001 episode of Sesame Street is Nursery Rhyme day. Telly takes on the role of the mouse from the rhyme, but he has trouble climbing the clock, using his pogo stick to reach it, but promptly falling off. Big Bird rewrite they rhyme, having Jack and Jill (played by Slimey and Glo Worm) climb the clock instead.
- A 2004 episode of Sesame Street features The Man in Brown, who owns a pig named Hickory Dickory, the star of the rhyme "Hickory Dickory Dare."
- A rhinoceros runs up the clock in "Big Bird's Ridiculous Rhinoceros Rhymes" as published in The Sesame Street Treasury Volume 11.