Harvey Monster is a dark blue Anything Monster with yellow horns, black eyebrows, and a pink nose. He appeared on Sesame Street starting in 1975. Harvey has been part of the chorus in several songs, as listed below. He was also featured in a 1970's sketch were Harvey went to the lost and found searching for his lost friend. This sketch is where he received his name.
While the earliest prototype, as seen on the cover of The Sesame Street Monsters! was a standard Fat Blue pattern with features added, the later Harvey (an AM monster) was a variation; instead of a slitted mouth, Harvey's mouth operated like a hinge, opening out from his face when speaking. An earlier version using this puppet also had a different face, with white eyes, no horns, and square teeth—one on each jaw.
- Sesame Street
- "Fur" (white eyes, different teeth, and no horns)
- "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend" (white eyes, different teeth, and no horns)
- "That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine" (with eyelids, and no teeth)
- "I'm Between" (no teeth)
- "ABC Disco"
- "Monster Disco: In and Out"
- "Near Far Monsters"
- "We Are All Monsters"
- "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco"
- Monsterpiece Theater: Me, Claudius
- The Muppet Movie (sans teeth)
- Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum (1974)
- Prairie Dawn's Upside-Down Poem (1981)