Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Harvey Monster is a dark blue Anything Monster with yellow horns, black eyebrows, and a pink nose. He appeared on Sesame Street starting in 1975. Harvey has been part of the chorus in several songs, as listed below. He was also featured in a 1970s sketch where an Anything Muppet friend of his looks for him at the lost and found. This is where he received his name.
While the earliest prototype, as seen on the cover of The Sesame Street Monsters! was a standard Fat Blue pattern with features added, the later Harvey (an AM monster) was a variation; instead of a slitted mouth, Harvey's mouth operated like a hinge, opening out from his face when speaking. An earlier version using this puppet also had a different face, with white eyes, no horns, and square teeth—one on each jaw.
Harvey has been performed by many different performers over the years, including Jim Henson ("We're All Monsters," "Me Claudius," and the Monster Marching Band sketch), Richard Hunt (The Lost and Found sketch and "Near Far Monsters"), Frank Oz ("I'm Between") and Jerry Nelson.
- Sesame Street
- "Fur" (white eyes, different teeth, and no horns)
- "I Want a Monster to Be My Friend" (white eyes, different teeth, and no horns)
- "Beginning, Middle, End" (with eyelids, no teeth, and no horns)
- "That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine" (with eyelids, and no teeth)
- "I'm Between" (no teeth)
- "ABC Disco"
- "Monster Disco: In and Out"
- "Near Far Monsters"
- "We Are All Monsters"
- Monster Marching Band
- Lost and Found
- "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco"
- Monsterpiece Theater: Me, Claudius
- The Muppet Movie (sans teeth)
- Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum (1974)
- Prairie Dawn's Upside-Down Poem (1981)