Harry Belafonte (b. 1927) is an American singer, actor and humanitarian. He popularized the calypso movement in the mid-1950s with hits such as "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)," "Jamaica Farewell" and "Mama Look at Boo-Boo."
Belafonte has appeared with the Muppets on numerous occasions.
- 1990: Spoke in tribute for the TV special The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.
- 1994: Appeared in PBS-TV documentary The World of Jim Henson.
- 1996: Belafonte contributed a "Corn Pudding" recipe for Miss Piggy's cookbook, In the Kitchen with Miss Piggy.
- 1990s: Was one of many celebrities in a celebrity montage rendition of "The Alphabet Song" on Sesame Street.
- 1999: Appeared in CNN documentary People Profiles: Jim Henson.
- In the Elmo's World episode "Bells," Belafonte is spoofed as Harry Bell-afonte in an animated segment.