Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Harry Belafonte (b. 1927) is an American singer, actor and humanitarian. He popularized the calypso movement in the mid-1950s with hits such as "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)," "Jamaica Farewell" and "Mama Look at Boo-Boo."
Belafonte has appeared with the Muppets on numerous occasions.
- 1990: Spoke in tribute for the TV special The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.
- 1994: Appeared in PBS-TV documentary The World of Jim Henson.
- 1996: Belafonte contributed a "Corn Pudding" recipe for Miss Piggy's cookbook, In the Kitchen with Miss Piggy.
- 1996: Was one of many celebrities in a celebrity montage rendition of "The Alphabet Song" on Sesame Street.
- 1999: Appeared in CNN documentary People Profiles: Jim Henson.
- In the Elmo's World episode "Bells," Belafonte is spoofed as Harry Bell-afonte in an animated segment.