Gypsy is a 1959 Broadway musical with music by Jule Styne, lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and a book by Arthur Laurents. The musical was based on the memoirs of Gypsy Rose Lee and was later adapted into film in 1962 and 1993.
- "Together Wherever We Go" was performed in a medley of Broadway songs in episode 122 of The Muppet Show.
- "Everything's Coming Up Roses," the signature song from the show, was performed in both episode 305 and episode 414 of The Muppet Show.
- In episode 122 of The Muppet Show, Kermit tells Ethel Merman that he was present at the 1959 opening night of the musical. Ethel remarks she did hear some croaking in the audience.
- "Everything's Coming Up Roses" was spoofed on Sesame Street by Harvey Fierstein as "Everything's Coming Up Noses."
- Edward Asner played Pop in the 1993 TV movie adaptation
- Jack Benny appeared as himself in the 1962 film adaptation
- Tyne Daly played Rose in the 1989 revival
- George Gaynes was a standby for Herbie in the original Broadway run
- Anita Gillette was a replacement as Thelma and understudied June in the original Broadway run from 1960 onward
- Michael Jeter played Mr. Goldstone in the 1993 TV movie adaptation
- Harvey Korman played Rose's press agent Phil in the 1962 film adaptation
- Andrea Martin played Miss Cratchitt in the 1993 TV movie adaptation
- Ethel Merman played Rose in the original 1959 run
- Bette Midler played Rose in the 1993 TV movie adaptation
- Bernadette Peters played Rose in the 2003 revival
- Rex Robbins played Herbie in the 1974 revival
- Tony Shalhoub played Uncle Jocko in the 1993 TV movie adaptation