Growing Pains is a family sitcom that ran on ABC from 1985 until 1992.
- In the 1990-1991 episodes of Shalom Sesame, Jeremy Miller (Ben Seaver) was a frequent guest host, playing himself. In the ninth episode, "Aleph-Bet Telethon," he and Tracey Gold appeared, with Miller referring to Gold as "my sister" (referring their relationship on Growing Pains), implying that they're appearing in character.
- Muppet Magazine issue 18 expresses cover excitement over interviewing "Kirk Cameron! of 'Growing Pains.'
In the episode "Feet of Clay", Ben Seaver finds out that his favorite rock star isn't such a nice guy after meeting him, and decides to stop being a fan. At one point, dad Jason compares this to the time when Ben learned that Kermit the Frog isn't real. Ben said that as a result, he couldn't get himself to watch Sesame Street for awhile.
- Hank Azaria played Steve Stevenson in "The New Deal, Part 2" (1989)
- Pat Crawford Brown played Kathleen in "All the World's a Stage" (1991)
- Kirk Cameron played Mike Seaver
- Jennie Garth played Denise in "Ben and Mike's Excellent Adventure" (1989)
- Tracey Gold played Carol Seaver
- Joanna Kerns played Maggie Seaver
- Irwin Keyes played Jeff in "Mom of the Year" (1989)
- Jeremy Miller played Ben Seaver
- Marianne Muellerleile played Nurse Bauer in "Second Chance" (1989)
- Ahmet Zappa played Barry in "A Star Is Born" (1987) and Louie in "Carol's Papers" (1989)