Growing Pains is a family sitcom that ran on ABC from 1985 until 1992.
- In the 1990-1991 episodes of Shalom Sesame, Jeremy Miller (Ben Seaver) was a frequent guest host, playing himself. In the ninth episode, "Aleph-Bet Telethon," he and Tracey Gold appeared, with Miller referring to Gold as "my sister" (referring their relationship on Growing Pains), implying that they're appearing in character.
- Muppet Magazine issue 18 expresses cover excitement over interviewing "Kirk Cameron! of 'Growing Pains.'
- In the episode "Feet of Clay", Ben Seaver finds out that his favorite rock star isn't such a nice guy after meeting him, and decides to stop being a fan. At one point, dad Jason compares this to the time when Ben learned that Kermit the Frog isn't real. Ben said that as a result, he couldn't get himself to watch Sesame Street for awhile.
- Hank Azaria played Steve Stevenson in "The New Deal, Part 2" (1989)
- Pat Crawford Brown played Kathleen in "All the World's a Stage" (1991)
- Kirk Cameron played Mike Seaver
- Jennie Garth played Denise in "Ben and Mike's Excellent Adventure" (1989)
- Tracey Gold played Carol Seaver
- Joanna Kerns played Maggie Seaver
- Irwin Keyes played Jeff in "Mom of the Year" (1989)
- Jeremy Miller played Ben Seaver
- Marianne Muellerleile played Nurse Bauer in "Second Chance" (1989)
- Ahmet Zappa played Barry in "A Star Is Born" (1987) and Louie in "Carol's Papers" (1989)