|Written by||Anna Ross|
Grover the World Ranger informs the reader that the world is a wonderful place. It gives us everything that we need to live -- food, water and air. So it's up to us to take care of the world, and Grover has ten ways we can help.
- Elmo and Herry Monster plant a tree.
- Big Bird, Ingrid, and Cookie Monster feed the birds (including Hoots), deer and squirrels.
- Luis fixes broken things at the Fix-It Shop, instead of throwing them away.
- Ernie and Bert don't waste water.
- Telly Monster, Count von Count, Betty Lou and Cookie Monster save electricity and gas.
- Ernie and Bert use old things rather than throwing them out. Oscar the Grouch is particularly good at this.
- Snuffy gives his old sweaters to little sister Alice, and Elmo will give his tricycle to Baby Natasha.
- Prairie Dawn packs her bag in a lunchbox instead of a plastic bag, Bert uses a sponge instead of paper towels, and Big Bird brings his own shopping bag to the store.
- Everybody goes to the park to pick up litter.
- The whole street recycles bottles, cans and newspapers.
Grover is happy that everybody is working to help the world.