Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grauman's Chinese Theater (currently known as the TCL Chinese Theater for sponsorship reasons), which opened in 1927, is a Hollywood landmark and the home to countless gala movie premieres. The theater is also famous for its sidewalk featuring the handprints and signatures of movie legends. In some cases, celebrities left more then prints and a signature, Groucho Marx left an imprint of his cigar, while Daniel Radcliffe left an imprint of his wand from Harry Potter films.
- The Electric Mayhem Bus drives by the theater in The Muppet Movie. In The Muppets Go Hollywood, Dick van Dyke catches Fozzie Bear in front of the theater with a bag of cement, planning to add his own signature in the cement next to Abbott and Costello, the Marx Brothers and the Ritz Brothers.
- The theater was also spoofed on Dog City as Mann's Best Friend Pekinese Theater.
- A re-creation of the theater at Disney's Hollywood Studios features in The Muppets at Walt Disney World. The Muppets leave their own version of a "signature" in the cement sidewalk. Their careless antics lead to Miss Piggy being left stuck in the hardened cement. Jim Henson's signature can be found at this location at Walt Disney World, and they are pictured in front of it for an advertisment for the park.
- The theatre is shown in the Muppet Babies episode "The Great Cookie Robbery", where the Babies ride a train past the landmark.
- Baby Piggy leaves her prints outside the theatre in the coloring book Muppet Babies Visit the Fifty States.
There are nearly 200 Hollywood celebrity handprints, footprints and autographs in the concrete of the original theatre's forecourt. Among those featured are:
The replica at Disney's Hollywood Studios has a forecourt with their own unique set of celebrity signatures: