The Grand Canyon is a gorge carved by the Colorado River and located in Arizona. Theodore Roosevelt was a major proponent for preservation of the area, and folk legend states that the canyon was created by Paul Bunyan.
- Aerial shots of the Grand Canyon, located in Arizona, were used in The Muppet Movie as Fozzie Bear sang "America".
- Grover Knover is supposed to jump the Grand Canyon on a motorcycle in the 1974 special Out to Lunch; Kermit the Frog ends up going into the canyon instead.
- When Grover pretends to drive Gordon's car in Sesame Street episode 1056, he points out the Grand Canyon along the way.
- Baby Scooter visits the Grand Crayon in the Muppet Babies coloring book Muppet Babies Visit the Fifty States.
- In the book Muppets on the Road, the Muppets set off on a cross-country trip from New York City to the Grand Canyon.
- The song "The Last Cookie Roundup" features Cookie Monster telling the story of his trip to the Grand Cookie Canyon to find a cookie.