Godzilla is a gray-skinned, dinosaur-like monster from a series of Japanese science-fiction movies, a name first coined for the American adaptation of the initial 1954 film Gojira. The character's popularity has created a franchise of merchandise, cartoons, spin-offs, and comic books, among other media. Recognized worldwide as a towering creature known for destroying metropolitan cities, Godzilla has grappled with countless other giant beasts, including King Kong.
- The Codzilla character from episode 101 of The Jim Henson Hour is a direct parody of Godzilla.
- In an Ernie and Bert sketch, Ernie suggests they name their new dog "Godzilla the Wonder-Pup."
- In "Gonzo's Song" from episode 318 of The Muppet Show, Gonzo sings to Camilla that she's "prettier than Godzilla."
- Kermit dressed as Frogzilla in Muppets Tonight episode 203.
- A recurring Sesame English skit (seen in "What's Your Favorite Sport?" and other episodes) features two large monsters spoofing Godzilla (played by Jonathan Freeman) and Mothra (Roger Bart), generally arguing over their personal preferences related to the theme or vocabulary of that episodes.
- Godzilla is named as a talk-show guest in episode 204 of Dinosaurs
- On a Facebook posting for Halloween, Gonzo wrote, "Camilla and I are going as a celebrity couple for Halloween. Our name is Gonzilla."
- Episode 4274 of Sesame Street is titled Elmozilla. When Elmo is brought up to supersize, Baby Bear keeps doing bad lipsyncing accompanied by a tune reminiscent of the Godzilla theme.
- In Grover's 140 character speech for the Shorty Awards, he includes Godzilla.