Gnomeo & Juliet is a 2011 computer animated film, directed by Kelly Asbury, very loosely based on Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Initially, the film was to be produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, but was shut down by its then-new chief creative officer, John Lasseter, and was produced by Starz Animation and released by Disney under the Touchstone Pictures banner.
During filming for The Muppets, an ad for Gnomeo & Juliet (which had yet to be released in theaters at that time) was up on top of a building near the El Capitan Theatre. On film, it was digitally replaced with an ad for Pixar's Cars 2.
- Emily Blunt voiced Juliet
- Michael Caine voiced Lord Redbrick
- Hulk Hogan voiced Terrafirminator V.O.
- Elton John produced and provided music
- James McAvoy voiced Gnomeo
- Ozzy Osbourne voiced Fawn
- Dolly Parton voiced Dolly Gnome
- Rob Sprackling co-wrote the original screenplay and worked on the final story
- Patrick Stewart voiced Bill Shakespeare
- Julie Walters voiced Miss Montague
- Richard Wilson voiced Mr. Capulet
- Maria Lucia Heiberg Rosenberg voiced Juliet in the Danish dub.