Inchworm (not to be confused with the song from Hans Christian Andersen, which was sung in two episodes of The Muppet Show) is a sketch that involved Kermit the Frog humming a tune (usually the song "Glow Worm", an alternate name for the sketch) while sitting on a wall. While he does this, a worm crawls to him and taps him. Kermit sees this worm and eats it. Another worm shows up and does the same thing (and Kermit eats it). The third time a worm shows up, Kermit catches it early, but it gets longer and longer until it's revealed to be the nose of Big V, who eats him. This sketch was performed many times for variety shows in the 1960s.
The animated Fraggle Rock series paid tribute to this sketch. In a few episodes, a Fraggle bug collector shows up in the background, picking up little worms from the ground. The worm turns out to be the trunk of a large monster.
- November 20, 1964 - The Jack Paar Show
- December 31, 1965 - The Tonight Show
- April 30, 1966 - The Hollywood Palace
- July 22, 1966 - The Mike Douglas Show
- November 27, 1966 - The Ed Sullivan Show
- December 3, 1968 - That's Life
- September 26, 1969 - The Tonight Show
- November 25, 1971 - The Dick Cavett Show