Glee is a FOX television series about a high school glee club. It premiered in 2009 and features covers of popular songs often set to extravagant choreography.
- Gran Musical at Parque Plaza Sesamo includes the "Singin' in the Rain/Umbrella" mashup from the Glee season 2 episode "The Substitute".
- Season 42 of Sesame Street featured a parody of the show, where Anything Muppet members of their school "G Club" prepare for the "G-gionals" with a parody of the Journey song "Don't Stop Believing". Puppet handlers had roughly 10 minutes to change all the character's costumes during filming of the segment.
- A promotional poster for the Sesame Street DVD Making Friends spoofs those made for Glee, where a character's hand replaces the "L" in the title.
- In the season one episode "The Rhodes Not Taken," some glee club members are wondering about Quinn Fabray's odd behavior. Puck butts in, "Are you all that stupid? Seriously? I bet you thought Bert and Ernie were just roommates."
- In the season one episode "Bad Reputation," the glee club members are trying to improve their image. After failing to make themselves appear bad-ass, Kurt admits "We're as menacing as Muppet Babies. Which means our squeaky clean reputations are still very much intact."
- In the season one episode "Theatricality," the girls in the glee club dress in various styles after Lady Gaga. Rachel wears a dress with stuffed animals stapled to it. Mercedes says, "I think it's the Kermit the Frog look." She's referring to Lady Gaga's dress made of Kermit plush dolls worn as a statement against wearing fur.
- In the season two episode "Furt," Santana fixes Finn's tie in a church nursery with pictures of Cookie Monster and Big Bird on the wall. Earlier in the episode, Sue Sylvester offers Kurt the following nicknames to pick from: "Gelfling, Porcelain or Tickle-Me-Doughface." He picks the middle one.
- In the season two episode "A Very Glee Christmas," members of the faculty discover that Sue has rigged the Secret Santa. In retaliation, Sue kicks them out of her office and refers to Emma as Elmo.
- In the season three episode "I Am Unicorn," Coach Bieste carries Artie (who is wheelchair-bound) to a chair. Artie whispers to Emma, "She's like my own private Jim Henson."
- In the season three episode "Pot O' Gold," Rory Flanagan (played by Irish singer Damian McGinty) performs "Bein' Green."
- In the season three episode "Extraordinary Merry Christmas," Sue called Kurt a "Gelfling".
- Carol Burnett played Doris Sylvester in "Furt"
- Kristin Chenoweth played April Rhodes in "The Rhodes Not Taken", "Home", and "Rumours".
- Katie Couric played herself in "The Sue Sylvester Shuffle"
- Darren Criss plays Blaine Anderson
- Gloria Estefan played Maribel Lopez in "Goodbye"
- Whoopi Goldberg played Carmen Tibideaux in 3 season three episodes
- Jeff Goldblum played Hiram Berry in "Heart"
- Kathy Griffin played Tammy Jean Albertson in "Original Song"
- Neil Patrick Harris played Bryan Ryan in "Dream On"
- k.d. lang performed "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in "A Very Glee Christmas"
- James Lipton played himself in "Goodbye"
- Lindsay Lohan played herself in "Nationals"
- Jane Lynch plays Sue Sylvester
- Ricky Martin played David Martinez in "The Spanish Teacher"
- Idina Menzel played Shelby Corcoran
- Olivia Newton-John played herself in "Bad Reputation"
- Molly Shannon played Brenda Castle in "Bad Reputation" and "Dream On"
- Jenna Ushkowitz plays Tina Cohen-Chang
- ↑ "For Friendship Week, we made this little poster — we think it will bring you a lot of glee!", Sesame Street' Tumblr, 23 October 2012.