Ghostbusters is a 1984 film which spawned a sequel, an animated series and various merchandising tie-ins including video games, comic books and breakfast cereals.
- The first season Muppet Babies episode "Good Clean Fun" features Baby Piggy spoofing the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man as "The Piggy Dough Girl."
- In the Muppet Babies episode "I Want My Muppet TV!," Baby Bunsen invents anti-nightmare pajamas. A clip of Slimer from the 1984 Ghostbusters movie is shown as Baby Beaker uses the pajamas' ghost busting backpack to blast the spectre. The same clip was later used in a version of the opening theme.
- The song "Bug Busters" from the Muppet Babies episode "Bug-Busting Babies" spoofs the Ray Parker Jr song from the original movie, and features bug busters and a car similar to the Ghostbusters and their Ecto-1.
- The Spring 1985 issue of Muppet Magazine featured a comic spoof called "Grossbusters" with Miss Piggy as Pigourney Weaver (Sigourney Weaver), Kermit the Frog as Danny Akfrog (Dan Aykroyd), and Fozzie Bear as Bill Furry (Bill Murray).
- In order to rid KMUP studios of the berserk Robot Abe Lincoln in Muppets Tonight episode 206, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker don exterminator outfits and backpacks that resemble Ghostbusting gear.
- A billboard advertisement for Ghostbusters II can be seen in the background of the second scene with Fozzie Bear looking for the Comedy Store in Miss Piggy's Hollywood.
- In an episode of Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, Ernie and Bert appear as "Dustbusters". Ernie sings a short spoof of the movie's theme song.
- In a Sesame Park film insert, Jeff Hyslop sings a parody of the theme song with some kids, about being "Trashbusters" and cleaning a littered playground.
- In a 1992 episode of Sesame Street, Gina has hard time writing a letter when the wind blows it away. Big Bird and Snuffy help, posing as "Windbusters" (and later as "Brickbusters" when their paperweight idea doesn't work).
- In her camera test for Jillian Holtzmann in Ghostbusters (2016), Kate McKinnon compares her poofy, blonde hair to Big Bird (as seen in the home video featurette "Meet the Team").
- Dan Aykroyd played Ray Stantz in Ghostbusters (1984), Ghostbusters II (1989), and Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009), and a Cabbie in Ghostbusters (2016)
- Bernie Brillstein produced Ghostbusters (1984)
- Roscoe Lee Browne played additional voices on Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters (1988-1989)
- Dave Coulier played Peter Venkman on The Real Ghostbusters (1987-1992)
- Brian Doyle-Murray played a psychiatrist in Ghostbusters II (1989) and Mayor Jock Mulligan in Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009)
- Arsenio Hall played Winston Zeddemore on The Real Ghostbusters (1986-1988)
- Casey Kasem played himself on the radio in Ghostbusters (1984)
- Larry King played himself on the radio in Ghostbusters (1984)
- Katie Leigh played Junior Ghostbuster Jason on The Real Ghostbusters (1987-1989)
- Danny Mann played Luigi and Bud on Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters (1988-1989)
- Cheech Marin played a dock supervisor in Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Melissa McCarthy played Abby Yates in Ghostbusters (2016)
- Kate McKinnon played Jillian Holtzmann in Ghostbusters (2016)
- Rick Moranis played Louis Tully in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Ozzy Osbourne played himself in Ghostbusters (2016)
- Pentatonix covers the theme song for Ghostbusters (2016)
- Ben Stein played a public works official in Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Cree Summer played Chilly Cooper on Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters (1988-1989)
- Sigourney Weaver played Dana Barrett in Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989) and Rebecca Gorin in Ghostbusters (2016)
- Frank Welker played Ray Stantz, Slimer, and others on The Real Ghostbusters.