Ghostbusters is a 1984 film which spawned a sequel, an animated series and various merchandinsing tie-ins including video games, comic books and breakfast cereals.
- The Muppet Babies first season episode "Good Clean Fun" features Baby Piggy spoofing the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man as "The Piggy Dough Girl."
- In the Muppet Babies episode "I Want My Muppet TV!," Baby Bunsen invents anti-nightmare pajamas. A clip of Slimer from the 1984 Ghostbusters movie is shown as Baby Beaker uses the pajamas' ghost busting backpack to blast the spectre. The same clip was later used in a version the opening theme.
- The song "Bug Busters" from the Muppet Babies episode "Bug-Busting Babies" spoofs the Ray Parker Jr song from the original movie, and features bug busters and a car similar to the Ghostbusters and their Ecto-1.
- In episode 206 of Muppets Tonight, in order to rid the studio of the berserk Robot Abe Lincoln, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker don exterminator outfits and backpacks that resemble Ghostbusting gear.
- A billboard advertisement for Ghostbusters II can be seen in the background in Miss Piggy's Hollywood, in the second scene of Fozzie Bear looking for the Comedy Store.
- In an episode of Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, Ernie and Bert appear as "Dustbusters". Ernie sings a short spoof of the movie's theme song.
- In a Sesame Park film insert, a man (Jeff Hyslop) and kids sing a parody of the theme song, singing about being "Trashbusters" and cleaning a littered playground.
- In a 1992 episode of Sesame Street, Gina has hard time writing a letter when the wind blows it away. Big Bird and Snuffy help, posing as "Windbusters" (and later as "Brickbusters" when their paperweight idea doesn't work).
- Dan Aykroyd played Ray Stantz in Ghostbusters (1984), Ghostbusters II (1989), and Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009)
- Bernie Brillstein produced the 1984 film
- Roscoe Lee Browne played additional voices on Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters (1988-1989)
- Dave Coulier played Peter Venkman on The Real Ghostbusters (1987-1992)
- Brian Doyle-Murray played a psychiatrist in Ghostbusters II (1989) and Mayor Jock Mulligan in Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009)
- Arsenio Hall played Winston Zeddemore on The Real Ghostbusters (1986-1988)
- Casey Kasem played himself on the radio in the 1984 film
- Larry King played himself on the radio in the 1984 film
- Katie Leigh played Junior Ghostbuster Jason on The Real Ghostbusters (1987-1989)
- Danny Mann played Luigi and Bud on Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters (1988-1989)
- Cheech Marin played a dock supervisor in Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Rick Moranis played Louis Tully in Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Ben Stein played a public works official in Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Cree Summer played Chilly Cooper on Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters (1988-1989)
- Sigourney Weaver played Dana Barrett in Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989)
- Frank Welker played Ray Stantz, Slimer, and others on The Real Ghostbusters.