Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Furry Arms Hotel was located Around the Corner on Sesame Street and was first seen in Season 25 (Episode 3136). Sherry Netherland, a well-mannered monster, ran the hotel, assisted by Ingrid, Humphrey, and bellhop Benny Rabbit.
The Furry Arms was one of the few exterior street sets specifically built to puppet scale, rather than to accomodate both puppets and human cast members (although human guests occasionally appeared inside). As a result, in Episode 3139, when Gordon and Susan chose to spend the night at the Furry Arms Hotel, they had to bend over when they went through the revolving door, and also had trouble getting their suitcase through the door. Other puppet-scale sets, like Ernie and Bert's Apartment, existed primarily as interiors.
Not unlike other hotels, the Furry Arms has an elevator for easy access to upper floors. Unlike most hotels, the elevator is run by Otis, the elephant elevator operator. The hotel also houses an indoor pool and a lounge area.
Food at the hotel comes in a variety of dishes, including raw fish (for penguins and seals), hay and oats, and extravagant dishes such as peanut butter goulash.
The direct-to-video release 123 Count with Me features the Furry Arms as the primary location, and some of the odd hotel workings are revealed. For example, instead of ringing a bell on the desk clerk's desk, one can ding the bell of Mr. Dinger a certain number of times and have Benny run errands, depending on the number of dings. When dinged once, Benny brings one cup of ice. If you ding it twice, Benny brings two towels. Three dings results in three pillows, and five will present five bars of exclusive Furry Arms soap (with lanolin). If you ding ten times, Benny will bring ten glasses of milk, and fourteen rings will call for fourteen suitcases. If you ding fifteen times, Benny will bring fifteen elephants.
When the Around the Corner set was dropped in Season 30, the Furry Arms Hotel only began to make occasional appearances (in inserts), most likely having moved to another location.
- Suites at the hotel include the Tillstrom Suite and the Baird Suite.
- The initial idea for the hotel's name was to be the "Right Arms Hotel," an in-joke to puppeteers who would perform various Muppets' right hands.
- "Furry Arms Hotel" appears as a property on the Monopoly: Sesame Street Edition game board, in place of Pacific Avenue.
- The unaired Katy Perry segment "Hot and Cold" (intended for Season 41) includes an illustrated hotel similar to the Furry Arms, but not specifically named or identified in terms of location.
- A guest book for the hotel was re-used in the background of the show's parody of The Closer in season 41.