The Frog Scouts are a troop of young frogs who perform on The Muppet Show as The Precision Drill Team from the Okefenokee Pack 12 of the Frog Scouts of America. Robin the Frog is a member, Mrs. Appleby is their pack leader, and Ms. Ribit is their camp counselor.
The Scouts have been seen in a number of different forms over the years.
- Robin wore his Scout outfit for the first time in The Muppet Show episode 310 in the wedding sketch with Kermit and Miss Piggy.
- The Frog Scouts troop made their first appearance on The Muppet Show in 1980, in The Muppet Show episode 509, where they earned their punk merit badges with a little help from guest star Debbie Harry.
- Robin wore his Scout outfit on his camping trip with his uncle Kermit in the 1981 storybook The Muppets Go Camping.
- Robin wore a Frog Scout bandana in the 1983 special Rocky Mountain Holiday.
- Robin appeared in his Frog Scout uniform on the cover of the 1983 coloring book .
- Frog Scout Troop #12 hangs out with Alfonso Ribeiro in the Fall 1984 issue of Muppet Magazine, awarding him the Boogie Badge.
- The Scouts appeared in audio-animatronic form in a live attraction, The Muppet Traffic Safety Show, which toured malls and auto shows in the late 80s.
- Robin wears his Scout uniform in the short story "Hike on Dragon Mountain", from the 1991 collection Stories to Share.
- The 1991 anthology book Off to Storyland features the story "Robin and the Most Beautiful Bug" with Ms. Ribit as the Frog Scout camp counselor.
- The 1992 National Wildlife Federation PSA "You Can Make a Difference" features the Frog Scouts.
- Robin and the Scouts appeared with Scout Leader Kermit in the 1993 book Off to the Woods!
- The Frog Scouts were featured in recurring sketches as part of the Muppet Time inserts on Nickelodeon in 1994.
- In the live-action opening to the 1995 Muppet Babies video Yes, I Can Be a Friend, Robin appears in his Frog Scout uniform, and is afraid of meeting the Scouts.
- Sam the Eagle, dressed in a scoutmaster uniform, takes the Frog Scouts on a hike in the 1996 book Muppet Time.