Fringe is a TV series created by J. J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, and Roberto Orci that aired on FOX from 2008 to 2013. It centers around an FBI team assigned to investigate cases involved in areas of fringe science.
- In the first season episode "Unleashed," Walter Bishop describes the animal characteristics that might have been involved in the death of an activist. His son Peter, attuned to his father's eccentricities, quips to investigating agent Olivia Dunham that they're looking for Big Bird.
- From the second season episode "Momentum Deferred":
- Rebecca Kibner: After awhile, it wasn't just during the experiments. I would see their faces in front of me. They seemed to have a certain glow about them.
- Peter: The shapeshifters?
- Rebecca Kibner: Mm-hm. It took me a year or two to really understand it. But I realized that I was recognizing people that didn't belong. Huh, you know, like that children's song. One of these things is not like the other.
- Walter: One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong. Sesame Street.
- Rebecca Kibner: Yes, that's it.
- From the third season episode "Stowaway":
- Lincoln: (looking at a book) One of these things is not like the others.
- Peter: Hm?
- Lincoln: You never watched Sesame Street?
- Carlo Alban played an FBI tech in "The Dreamscape"
- Blair Brown played Nina Sharp
- Michael Cerveris played September
- Michael Giacchino scored the series
- Joshua Jackson played Peter Bishop
- Leonard Nimoy played William Bell