Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fred Astaire (1899-1987) was a film and Broadway stage dancer, choreographer, singer and actor. He is particularly associated with Ginger Rogers, with whom he made ten films (the most famous being Top Hat). His unparalleled skill as a dancer has led many critics to cite him as the best dancer ever to come out of Hollywood.
- Kermit's dance number in The Great Muppet Caper, "Steppin' Out with a Star", is a reference to Astaire. The Muppet Show Fan Club newsletter referred to the sequence as "Kermit's Fred Astaire dance number." 
- During the dance marathon in The Muppet Show episode 515, First Mate Piggy is eaten by a hungry alien (Mean Mama). Gonzo warns Piggy that if she stops dancing, she'll be disqualified from the contest. As Piggy dances inside the alien's stomach, Gonzo sighs, "Fred and Ginger were never better."
- Count von Count appears as Astaire (alongside the Countess as Rogers) in A Brief History of Motion Pictures.
- Kermit appears as "Frog Astaire" in the coloring book Great Muppets in American History.
- "Top Hat, White Tie and Tails" is performed as a tribute to Astaire by Rudolf Nureyev and the Muppets on episode 213 of The Muppet Show.