Freaks and Geeks is a TV series created by Paul Feig that aired on NBC during the 1999–2000 television season. Set in the early 1980s, the show follows high schooler Lindsay Weir and her gang of "freaks", and her younger brother Sam and his group of "geeks".
- In the episode "Girlfriends and Boyfriends," Cindy Sanders says to Bill Haverchuck, "Well, I don't really watch TV. Except for The Muppet Show." Cindy also keeps a copy of Miss Piggy's Guide to Life in her bedroom, which Bill peruses.
- Later in the same episode, Bill insists Cindy's abnormal since "she eats carrot sticks and likes Miss Piggy." His friend Sam Weir rebuffs him with "So what, the Muppets are cool." Bill: "The Swedish Chef is kind of cool, but Miss Piggy's lame." Neal Schweiber chimes in, "Look, Professor Honeydew is hysterical!"
- Judd Apatow produced, wrote six episodes, and directed three
- Joe Flaherty played Harold Weir
- Rashida Jones played Karen in "Kim Kelly Is My Friend"
- Ken Kwapis directed two episodes
- Jarrett Lennon played Colin in three episodes
- Sam McMurray played Dr. Vic Schweiber in three episodes
- Leslie Mann played Miss Foote in "Chokin' and Tokin'"
- Seth Rogen played Ken Miller
- Jason Schwartzman played Howie Gelfand in "carded and Discarded"
- Jason Segel played Nick Andopolis
- Ben Stiller played Agent Meara in "The Little Things"