Four Weddings and a Funeral is a 1994 Academy Award nominated romantic comedy.
During a scene at a wedding reception, Hugh Grant's character is seated at a table with several ex-girlfriends, and it's revealed that he referred to another girlfriend as Miss Piggy. During interviews for the DVD's special features, Grant reveals that his screentest took place in front of writer Richard Curtis, director Mike Newell, producer Duncan Kenworthy, "and about 400 Muppets."
- The film was spoofed in the Muppet Movie Parodies 1999 Calendar as "Our Wedding or Your Funeral."
- In episode 211 of Muppets Tonight, the movie title was spoof in a sketch as "Four Weddings and a Frog" starting Andie MacDowell and Kermit the Frog.
- In the audio commentary for Muppets From Space, Gonzo says that Andie MacDowell insisted on appearing with him in a romantic comedy called "Four Weddings and a Funnel Cake Accident".
- Duncan Kenworthy, producer
- Kristin Scott Thomas played Fiona
- Andie MacDowell played Carrie
- Rowan Atkinson played Father Gerald