A list of flashbacks in Muppet and Henson productions.
- The Muppet Movie - The film shows how the Muppets got started (or, as Kermit tells Robin, "it's sort of approximately how it happened").
- Kermit's Swamp Years - Aside from the beginning and end, the whole movie takes place during a time when Kermit was 12-years-old.
- The Muppets - The movie begins with a montage of Walter and Gary growing up, with Walter narrating. Additionally, Rowlf's exclusion from the montage prompts a flashback to him rejoining the Muppets. In a deleted scene, Tex Richman talks about how his tenth birthday party got ruined due to his inability to laugh at the Muppets.
- In one song segment, Count von Count recalls his first day of school.
- In one song segment, Cookie Monster songs about the first time he ate a cookie.
- Several episodes employ flashbacks with in the street stories. Notable examples include episode 2313, episode 2621, episode 4067 and episode 2489. The latter is unique in that it includes a flashback to a scene earlier in the episode.
- Pretty much every reading of every postcard from Traveling Matt serves as a flashback.
- Gobo's Discovery - Includes a flashback to the time Gobo decided he wanted to be an explorer.
- Born to Wander - The whole episode is a flashback.
- Inspector Red - This episode includes a number of flashbacks to events taking place when the Fraggle Horn was stolen.
- "Pig Girls Don't Cry" - The break-up of Kermit and Miss Piggy is shown through archival paparazzi footage.