Finian's Rainbow is a Tony Award-winning musical that opened on Broadway in 1947. It was written by E.Y. Harburg and Fred Saidy, with music by Burton Lane (and lyrics by Harburg). The musical has been revived a number of times since and even adapted into a film in 1968.
- "When I'm Not Near the Girl I Love" was performed in episode 124 of The Muppet Show. The song was performed by an eel and, as such, many of the lyrics were altered.
- Episode 3824 of Sesame Street features a "Ding-A-Long" hosted by the Dingers. When trying to come up with a song to play, Grover suggests "How Are Dings in Glocca Morra?"
- Fred Astaire played Finian McLonergan in the film adaptation
- John Beal played bass for the 2009 Broadway revival
- Petula Clark played Sharon McLonergan in the film adaptation
- Randy Cohen programmed the keyboards for the 2009 Broadway revival
- Merv Griffin played Woody Mahoney in the 1955 Broadway revival
- Howard Morris played Og in the 1960 Broadway revival