Field of Dreams is a 1989 sports film about a farmer who, prompted by the voices he hears in his head, builds a baseball diamond on his corn field which elicits the ghosts of former baseball players.
- The movie's most well-known phrase "If you build it, they will come" has been referenced in several Muppet productions.
- In Cookie Monster's Best Bites, after baker Cookie Monster sets his cookies in the oven, he recites a proverb from his grandma, "If you bake them, they will come."
- In Muppets from Space, Pepe the King Prawn slightly misquotes the phrase, tricking a half-asleep Gonzo into building a jacuzzi by saying, "Build it and we will come."
- In Sesame Street Episode 3885, while searching for other monsters in the park, Herry gets the idea to sing a song about them. Telly adds "If you sing it, they will come!"
- In Sesame Street Episode 3979, when Big Bird calls up Granny Bird for advice on building a new nest, she assures her grandson "If you get twigs, the nest will come."
- In Sesame Street Episode 4028, in the middle of performing The Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jamboree when a real Honker and Dinger show up, Ernie states, "If you sing it, they will come!"
- In Sesame Street Episode 4062, Elmo calls for all little furry red monsters to join his parade and proceeds to march, saying "Start the parade, and the little furry red monsters will come."
- James Earl Jones played Terence Mann
- Burt Lancaster played Archibald "Moonlight" Graham
- Ray Liotta played Shoeless Joe Jackson