|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Buddy Rich|
|Production Dates||August 11-15, 1980|
Thanks to Gonzo's air-conditioned mildew collection, the power goes out in the theater, and Beauregard almost electrocutes himself trying to fix it. Half of the acts have to perform in the dark, until Dr. Bunsen Honeydew hooks up a generator that runs on Beaker-power. Beaker runs on a huge wheel to generate power, and when he gets tired, Bunsen helps to motivate him by releasing a hungry tiger onto the wheel.
- Fozzie leads the cast in singing "Good Day Sunshine", but when there's a blackout, they switch to "Dancing in the Dark".
- Muppet News Flash: "Blackout"
- Buddy Rich does a drum solo
- Guest Star's Dressing Room: Buddy and Beauregard sing "You Mustn't Feel Discouraged"
- Veterinarian's Hospital: In the Dark
- UK Spot: British Whatnots riding on a bus sing "A Transport of Delight"
- The Swedish Chef makes "Lighter Than Air Soufflé"
- Animal and Buddy have a drum battle -- and Animal, ever the sore loser, ends up throwing a bass drum at Buddy's head.
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, the Newsman and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and Animal (with Ronnie Verrell performing Animal's side of the drum battle)
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, the Announcer and Bus Worker
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Beaker, Janice, Statler and Bus Driver
- Dave Goelz as Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beauregard, Gonzo, Old Man and Butch the Tiger
- Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat and English Gentleman
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig, Zelda Rose and Whatnots
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Johnny Cash||Linda Ronstadt|