Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Muppet Show|
|Production||August 14-16, 1980|
|Premiere|| UK: February 15, 1981|
US: May 16, 1981
Thanks to Gonzo's air-conditioned mildew collection, the power goes out in the theater, and Beauregard almost electrocutes himself trying to fix it. Half of the acts have to perform in the dark, until Dr. Bunsen Honeydew hooks up a generator that runs on Beaker-power. Beaker runs on a huge wheel to generate power, and when he gets tired, Bunsen helps to motivate him by releasing a hungry tiger onto the wheel.
- Fozzie leads the cast in singing "Good Day Sunshine", but when there's a blackout, they switch to "Dancing in the Dark".
- Muppet News Flash: "Blackout". The reporter requests a bigger candle which is provided by Crazy Harry. Naturally, it's no candle, it's a stick of TNT.
- Buddy Rich does a drum solo from the dressing room all the way to the stage. He makes it all the way to the drum set when the lights go out again.
- Guest Star's Dressing Room: Buddy and Beauregard sing "You Mustn't Feel Discouraged"
- Veterinarian's Hospital: In the Dark
- UK Spot: British Whatnots riding on a bus sing "A Transport of Delight"
- The Swedish Chef makes "Lighter Than Air Soufflé"
- Animal and Buddy have a drum battle -- and Animal, ever the sore loser, ends up throwing a bass drum at Buddy's head.
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf, the Newsman and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and Animal (with Ronnie Verrell performing Animal's side of the drum battle)
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Floyd Pepper, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, the Announcer and Bus Worker
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Beaker, Janice, Statler and Bus Driver
- Dave Goelz as Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beauregard, Gonzo, Old Man and Butch the Tiger
- Steve Whitmire as Rizzo the Rat and English Gentleman
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue Pig, Zelda Rose and Whatnots
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Johnny Cash||Linda Ronstadt|