|The Muppet Show|
|Guest Starring||Wally Boag|
|Production Dates||July 28-31, 1980|
In honor of vaudeville-influenced guest star Wally Boag, the Muppets salute vaudeville, with a balloon animal act, a bagpipe player and a hypnotist. Wally performs acts he made famous at the Golden Horseshoe Revue at Disneyland, including the Pecos Bill teeth-spitting sketch.
- The Flying Zucchini Brothers
- Lottie Lemon and her Singing Wig sing "Just Squeeze Me"
- Wally Boag makes balloon animals
- Miss Piggy does a dog act with the supremely untalented Foo-Foo, while Rowlf plays the piano and heckles the act.
- UK Spot: The Leprechaun Brothers, or the Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal, mangle "Danny Boy".
- Wally plays the bagpipes
- "The Ying Tong Song": a gibberish lullaby
- The astounding Dr. Salamander, hypnotist and newt, puts Pops in a trance (which isn't hard, because he's asleep anyway). Pops floats to the ceiling, but then doesn't hear Dr. Salamander's command to wake up. The hypnotist shrugs, "Never levitate the hard-of-hearing."
- Annie Sue Pig & others sing "Pecos Bill" to Wally Boag, playing Pecos Bill, reprising his role from the Disneyland shows.
- From the Muppet Show Fan Club newsletter, Vol. 2, No. 6 (1980): "Wally Boag recorded a Muppet Show recently and was much loved -- definitely a performer's performer and a frog's performer, too. He's done over 32,000 performances in the Golden Horseshoe Revue in Disneyland, and is consequently in the Guinness Book of World Records. Jim Henson saw him 15 or 20 years ago and has loved him ever since. It was a great joy to have him on the show."
- Kermit the Frog, Scooter, Pops, The Flying Zucchini Brothers, Lottie Lemon and her Singing Wig, Statler and Waldorf, Miss Piggy, Foo-Foo, Rowlf, Dr. Salamander, Annie Sue Pig, Gaffer, Whatnots, Animal, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, McBag Bird, Bagpipe
- Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Janice, Beauregard, Rizzo the Rat, Lips, Floyd Pepper, Trumpet Girl, Zoot, Afghan Hound, Baby Bear, Pink Frackle, Wolfhound, Frog
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Waldorf and the Swedish Chef
- Frank Oz as Miss Piggy, Animal, Fozzie Bear and Marco
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Bagpipe, Whatnots and Lorenzo
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Janice, Beaker, Statler, Zucchini Brother and Giuseppi
- Dave Goelz as Dr. Salamander, Gonzo, Beauregard and Luigi
- Steve Whitmire as Foo-Foo and Heathcliff
- Louise Gold as Annie Sue, Whatnot and Lottie Lemon and her Singing Wig
- Kathy Mullen as Gaffer
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Chris Langham||Johnny Cash|