Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Muppet Show|
|Production||August 5-8, 1980|
|Premiere|| UK: March 1, 1981|
US: January 31, 1981
A messenger brings a message from the scheduled guest star -- Benny Brillstein, the Yiddish yodeler. Benny refuses to be on the show, so Kermit asks Chris, the messenger boy, to be the guest. Chris knows a joke, so Kermit introduces him as a comedian.
Chris' bizarre acts include owl impersonation and odd magic tricks -- "Pick a sausage, any sausage." Finally, doing an escape act in his dressing room, Chris locks himself in a wardrobe and can't get out. He has to do his final number, "Hawaiian Cowboy," from within the wardrobe.
- Kermit and Robin the Frog sing "Friendship" with Molly and Melville.
- Chris performs his impression of Autumn in Scotland and tries to catch a peanut in his mouth.
- Muppet News Flash: Stars fell on Alabama
- UK Spot: "Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner."
- Chris introduces his Time Travel Apparatus.
- "The Gnu" -- a British Chap and a Gnu
- Chris attempts to display he can dramatically burst out of a wardrobe, but gets stuck inside. As he must appear in the closing number to sing "Hawaiian Cowboy," the Muppets are forced to put on a cowboy hat on top of the wardrobe and move it on stage so Chris can sing from inside. However, Chris does manage to free himself in spectacular fashion to finish the song properly.
- Chris was the only British writer on The Muppet Show. He was hastily made the guest for this episode after the original guest, Richard Pryor, was unable to make the taping.
- Sam Eagle is the only Muppet performed by Frank Oz in this episode.
- Chris later wrote for and appeared in The Jim Henson Hour.
- The name of the cancelled guest star is a backstage reference; Bernie Brillstein was Jim Henson's agent.
- Kermit the Frog, Scooter, Gonzo, Pops, Gnu, Whales, Pigs, Floyd Pepper, Melissa, Mickey Moose, The Newsman, Sam the Eagle, Wolfhound, Afghan Hound, Muppy, Mutt, Molly and Melville, Robin the Frog, Whatnots, Goldfish, Newsman, The Swedish Chef
- Deer, Shark, Billy the Bear, Raccoon, Fox, Penguins, Baskerville the Hound, Brown Dog, Lyle the Dog, French Poodle, Dogs
- Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog, Waldorf, the Newsman and The Swedish chef
- Frank Oz as Sam the Eagle
- Jerry Nelson as Pops, Robin, Floyd Pepper, Mickey Moose, the Wolfhound and the Gnu
- Richard Hunt as Scooter, Statler, Muppy, Pig and British Chap
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Pig and Whatnot
- Louise Gold as Molly and the Mutt
- Steve Whitmire as Tommy the Goldfish, Melville and British Chap
- Kathryn Mullen as Melissa and the Afghan Hound
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Marty Feldman||Wally Boag|